Thanks to all for the response to my inquiry.  Paul, thanks for the
information regards "cross talk" as I had not thought of that
possibility.  Charlotte, let me assure you that the operation in our
case was a real miracle.  We just watched the tape of my wife that was
made before the operation and it brought tears to our eyes to see how
she was struggling to walk and the tremors she had.  Now she has no
tremors and can get out of a chair and walk normal like other people.
Her endurance is still getting better and recently we walked the mall
for the first time in months. The Neuro cut her back about 50 percent on
her meds after the last operation, however she has slowly crept back to
almost 80 percent of the old dosage which still beats a sharp stick in
the eye..  We feel that her comfort is as important as anything else at
this time.  Her handwriting and voice are almost "normal" now.   We feel
that we have some control of this damned disease again and perhaps in
the future we will try turning on her other stimulator to see if her
system can tolerate it better as she is still recuperating from a couple
of major surgeries.  We are one of the fortunate ones that have the new
controller with the lights that tell if she is on or off and it works
great.  If you go to the Medtronic site and search for model 7438
therapy controller you will see a working model that you can click on.
Ron Heimback