On 12 July Janet Paterson wrote to PIEN under the subject "I'm not smiling":
QUOTE;
hi all
i don't get it
a so-called humour list (snip)
why?
what does this have to with parkinson's? (snip)
i'd really like to know
----------------------
        Would someone else on  this list please take on this trouble maker?. You
can inform her as to how much it means to most of us who also suffer the
debilitating symptoms of PD to have, in the form of humor, an outlet for
our mental pain and anguish. She asks why, and what does it have to do with
Parkinson's? If she doesn't understand, perhaps that is the reason she
attempts to strike out at others on this list and the Sparkle list.  Rather
than anger, I feel pity, but not to the extent that this question should
not be answered for those new members who do not know about her past re the
lists. I hope someone other than myself will respond, as well. Remember,
she doesn't have to subscribe to Sparkle if it offends her. We need Sparkle.

                                Don Adams