From: [log in to unmask]
Full-name: RayilynLee
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 01:00:17 EDT
Subject: Re: Cedars Sinai Program for Deb
To: [log in to unmask]

--part2_d4.1a203c58.2a625f61_boundary

Dear List:

I called Dr. Levesque's office Friday AM re this experimental program at
Cedars Sinai in LA.  It is easy to get a consultation which  you or your
insurance pay for.  You have to donate brain tissue (brain surgery) and wait
one year.  Phase 2 is uncertain and there are no guaranteed benefits.  The
surgery, etc. is all paid for by a research grant.

What this boils down to is I'm sure the good Dr. will take Deborah into the
program as long as she fits the research guidelines which he must follow,
whatever they are.  I'm hoping she does, and if not, he can help her or
recommend someone who can.   For myself, I'm going to watch and wait.
Deborah has to get help now.

Thought the Patkies on the List might like to know more details of the
program. There are no prohibitions re age or how long you have had PD.  But
the favorable outcome described on the Ivanhoe site is a little overly
optimistic.

Rayilyn

--part2_d4.1a203c58.2a625f61_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Dear List:
<BR>
<BR>I called Dr. Levesque's office Friday AM re this experimental program at Cedars Sinai in LA. &nbsp;It is easy to get a consultation which &nbsp;you or your insurance pay for. &nbsp;You have to donate brain tissue (brain surgery) and wait one year. &nbsp;Phase 2 is uncertain and there are no guaranteed benefits. &nbsp;The surgery, etc. is all paid for by a research grant. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>What this boils down to is I'm sure the good Dr. will take Deborah into the program as long as she fits the research guidelines which he must follow, whatever they are. &nbsp;I'm hoping she does, and if not, he can help her or recommend someone who can. &nbsp;&nbsp;For myself, I'm going to watch and wait. &nbsp;Deborah has to get help now. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>Thought the Patkies on the List might like to know more details of the program. There are no prohibitions re age or how long you have had PD. &nbsp;But the favorable outcome described on the Ivanhoe site is a little overly optimistic.
<BR>
<BR>Rayilyn</FONT></HTML>

--part2_d4.1a203c58.2a625f61_boundary--