On 10 Jul 2002 at 20:27, Bob Allison wrote:

> The recent HIV/AIDS Conference makes me think--why dont we do that.
> Visibility=attention==funding.  Is there any attempt for a
> nationwide or world conference on PD?

Hi Bob,
The medical / scientific folks have conferences all the time...

Conferences and Courses

Welcome to the HCNR list of national and international conferences
and courses of broad relevance to neurodegeneration and repair.
http://www.hcnr.med.harvard.edu/conf_courses.html

There were 2 conferences last month right here in Vancouver, BC.

And... PAN just had the ninth annual Advocates Conference in
Washington in May...

And... Parkinson Awareness Day is comin' up...
Sunday, October 6, 2002
NYU Medical Center's Farkas Auditorium
http://www.parkinsonalliance.net/events/10-6-02.html

We just don't fit into the same category as AIDS,
thank the Lord of your choice!

We do need to concentrate on getting our fair share...

The Coalition for the Advancement of Medical Research
(CAMR) is comprised of nationally-recognized patient
organizations, universities, scientific societies, foundations,
and individuals with life- threatening illnesses and disorders,
advocating for the advancement of breakthrough research
and technologies in regenerative medicine - including
stem cell research and somatic cell nuclear transfer - in order
to cure disease and alleviate suffering...
http://www.camradvocacy.org/fastaction/default.asp

http://www.camradvocacy.org/fastaction/takeaction.asp

cheers ..... murray