Hi Bob,

I'm just a red neck mechanic who happens to have Parkinson's....
so I'll defer to the "pro's" to better answer your questions....

(my instant thoughts are that the International Parkinsons
Conferences are organized more as a scientific sharing effort...
as opposed to funding an epidemic communicable disease (AIDS)
in third world underdeveloped nations)

Read this:

Children on the Brink 2002
http://www.unaids.org/barcelona/presskit/childrenonthebrink.html

Check the links on the page...

There is a real need to FUND the AIDS effort that overshadows
anythingelse I can imagine.

Now I'll jump down from this soapbox...

Can any of the LIST members respond to Bob's questions?

"is anybody leading a unifying effort or are we already unified?
If not, how do we get there?"

cheers ............. murray