[log in to unmask] wrote:

> For a number of years we have been purchasing our medications from Express
> Scripts.  They had really low prices on generics.  My husband takes Sinemet
> and Sinemet-CR in qualtity (240 regular and 150 of the CR each month).  This
> was through a special program afilliated with the National Council of Senior
> Citizens, which organization has now closed down and gone out of business.
>
> We solicit your help in locating the least expensive mailorder source of
> these drugs.  Any and all help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jackie Butch
> Jacksonville, Florida

Jackie, I can't help with mailorder sources, but here is some
information I've gathered from many sources (including PIEN and CARE)
regarding medication costs.
======================================
Dear Listfriends,
The costs of drug prescriptions can mount up fast, especially if you're
taking more than one or two medications, or if more than one person in the
household uses prescription drugs. For people with Parkinson's, that's
often the case. Here's some information I've compiled regarding help with
the cost of prescription medications in the U.S.
***********************

Directory of Prescription Drug Patient Assistance Programs

The research-based pharmaceutical industry has had a long-standing
tradition of providing prescription medicines free of charge to physicians
whose patients might not otherwise have access to necessary medicines.

To make it easier for physicians to identify the growing number of
programs available for needy patients, member companies of the
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) created this
directory. It lists company programs that provide drugs to physicians
whose patients could not otherwise afford them. The programs are listed
alphabetically by company. Under the entry for each program is information
about how to make a request for assistance, what prescription medicines
are covered, and basic eligibility criteria.For additional copies of this
directory, please call (800) 762-4636.

http://www.phrma.org/searchcures/dpdpap/
******************************

Eli Lilly and Co. offers a drug assistance plan for low-income seniors who
have no drug insurance. The plan will supply a month's supply of certain
prescriptions for $12 each, at participating pharmacies.

The program is called "LillyAnswers" and is open to older adults who have
no prescription drug coverage, and whose incomes fall below $18,000, or
under $24,000 for couples. Individuals must apply for a card, which can be
used for one year. To apply for the card, call 1-877-RX-LILLY.

Eli Lilly manufactures Evista, Humulin and Humalog, Prozac, and Zyprexa,
among other medications.

***************************************

Medicare
Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Information on programs that offer discounts or free medication to
individuals in need. To find information on prescription drug
assistance programs, Medicare managed care plans, and Medigap plans that
offer prescription drug coverage in your area, please complete the
information below and then select "View Results". For more information on
prescription drug coverage or the President's Medicare Rx discount
card program, please look at our frequently asked
questions and answers.

http://www.medicare.gov/Prescription/Home.asp
**********************************

In October, 2001, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) announced a new "Orange Card"
program designed to offer discounts on prescription medications. People
who have limited incomes and are eligible for Medicare can apply for the
Orange Card.

The Orange Card is issued by GSK, and is used  at pharmacies to receive
discounts on GSK  medications. Discounts are expected to average around
30%.

Orange cards are free, and can be picked up at pharmacies or at your
health care provider's office, or by calling 1-888-ORANGE6.  The card is
effective as of January 1, 2002. All medications produced by GSK are
included, including the Parkinson medication Requip.

Together Rx Card - for medication costs

Abbott Laboratories, AstraZeneca, Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Bristol-Myers
Squibb Co.,  GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, and Novartis have joined
together to offer the "Together Rx Card."

Those eligible for Medicare can use the card to obtain savings on over 150
medications, with a single card. Medications include those for diabetes,
hypertension, high cholesterol, cancer, allergy, asthma, arthritis, and
depression. The card is designed to assist those who have no prescription
drug coverage. Enrollees may have incomes up to $28,000 ($38,000 for
couples). Enrollment begins April 10, 2002, and cards become effective in
June 2002. Enrollment materials are available at participating pharmacies
and physicians' offices. Participating pharmacies include Wal-Mart,
WalGreens, Target, Albertson's, Costco, Kroger, and Safeway. Individuals
with more limited incomes may be eligible for further savings or free
medications. Check with your physician, community center, or participating
pharmacy for more information.

Veterans Benefits

For veterans, consult your local VA office. All medicines are
available at $7.00 for a months supply. This is a big savings
for items like Mirapex.

NeedyMeds was founded by Libby Overly, M.Ed, MSW and Richard J Sagall,
  MD. in 1997. Our goal is to become the best source of information on
patient assistance programs and other programs that help people obtain
health supplies and equipment.

Lists drugs, drug programs, patient assistance programs, and more.

NeedyMeds Website
http://www.needymeds.com/
Also:
Mailing Address:
                 NeedyMeds, Inc
                 P. O. Box 63716
                 Philadelphia, PA 19147
  Telephone:  1-215-625-9609
  FAX:   1-419-858-7221

Destination Rx Free Drug Locator
Contains a listing of drugs with their patient assistance programs
http://www.destinationrx.com/freedrug/

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--