From: "Laura Eckart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 14:14:05 -0500
Subject: Action Alert!

We Need Your Help!!

Senate is scheduled to “Mark-Up” the Defense Appropriations Bill Next
Tuesday- July 16th!!

Please call your Senator’s Office and urge them to support Parkinson’s
Research funding by signing Senator Wellstone’s letter supporting $52
million funding for the Department of Defense Neurotoxin Exposure
Treatment Research Program (NETRP).

 As you know, it is critical for advocates- in particular constituents-
to call their Senators TODAY and urge them to sign:

1.     The Senator Wellstone Dear Colleague letter supporting the
Department of Defense’s NETRP program

Please have your Senator’s office call Patti Unruh in Senator Wellstone’s
office at 202-224-5641 to sign onto the letter.

To learn more about this outstanding federal program, please visit PAN’s
website at www.parkinsonsaction.org!

Please call your Senator at 202-224-3121!

Forward this message to your friends and family and ask them to call
their Senators TODAY and ask them to sign onto Senator Wellstone’s letter
support the Department of Defense Neurotoxin Exposure Treatment Research
Program.

 The louder our voice, the more effective we are.  Together, we will find
a cure as soon as humanly possible!
Thank you,
Parkinson’s Action Network
Laura Eckart