Hi Susan,  my wife had DBS recently.  She has had Parkinson for over
twenty years and until a couple of years ago, we were able to control it
with medication.  Her had first operation in March and the second in
April.  She now has her life back and now has a future.  Sooner or later
the medications no longer give the relief that they used to.  That is
when people look for another solution and in our opinion, DBS sure is
about the best at this time.  Because no two people are alike, some get
great results and others not as great.  We are in about the middle of
the group as we are still playing with the adjustments on the
stimulators. At this time her tremors are gone and her meds are 20
percent less and she can walk again.  Life is good.  Hope that this
helps in some way.
Ron Heimback