On Sun, 7 Jul 2002 19:50:32 -0400 Bob Allison <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> Linda  This is good news--17 million more supporters for SCNT.  How
> best to  throw in our support?  Bob

Bob and others,
Both the Parkinson's Action Network (PAN) and the Parkinson's Disease
Foundation (PDF) are members of CAMR- the Coalition for the advancement
of Medical Research - which is a very active umbrella organization of
more than 70 disease advocacy, medical and scientific organizations,
universities and research centers that support therapeutic cloning and
stem cell research. Elisabeth Bresee Brittin
and John Rogers of PAN are on the CAMR Board of Directors.

As an individual you can help - See the CAMR website at:
http://www.camradvocacy.org

for lots of information and for easy ways to write to your Senators and
Representatives to support SCNT, and also to send letters to your local
media.

As a group we can also encourage our other Parkinson's organizations to
add their support and to speak with one united, strong voice
- in support of SCNT research for Parkinson's and other chronic and
deadly diseases.
- in support of legislation that allows medical research utilizing
therapeutic cloning to continue and to receive federal funding AND
 - in opposition to any legislation seeking to criminalize therapeutic
cloning for researchers or patients.

Again see the CAMR and PAN (www.parkinsonsaction.org) websites for more
information on current legislation.

Linda