hello to all and especially to you, mr. don mckinley!!
just  a few brief observations and a bit of news....
did you know that the time has come and gone for this year's Sidney
Dorros Award?
this award is given annually to a person for their outstanding work and
commitement to the parkinson' community and comes with a cash prize of
$5,000.
i was the proud reciepient of the award last year but since i was on the
selection commitee to pick this year's winner, i was unable to nominate
anyone. i just assumed that with all of the candidates on this list
(linda herman, murray charters, janet paterson and the granddaddy of
pd-don mckinley!!!, carol hercun-among others)  that we would have
recieved at least one nomination. i guess that i should have helped to
advertize this more aggresively. i'm not even sure that it is open to
our canadian friends but i will check this out...for next year. so,
please start thinking of someone who has influenced your life and plan
to nominate them.
don, i apologize for not keeping up with my end of our correspondence i
can only use the excuse of being so busy that i can't keep up and i'm
sorry that you're feeling abandoned. please email me so that we can
re-start our friendship.
for those of you living in the central illinois area, i am pleased to
announce that we are planning a fundraiser for U.S. Representative Lane
Evans. if you are unfamiliar with Lane and the work he has done (while
dealing with pd), please check out his website:
<http://www.laneevans.com/>
this will be held at Kelleher's Irish Pub & Restaurant on the 25th of
august. at this time, we are resonably sure that Ann Udall (daughter of
the late Representative Morris K. "MO" Udall) will be speaking as well
as Don Schneider, radio personality who testified before the Senate
Sub-Committee with Joan Samuelson, Lonnie Ali & MJFox, will be our
speakers. this is just a heads-up: we will post the details as soon as
they are finalized.
and finally, i wanted to tell you that i was in the hospital for five
days last week with a very severe infection in my right knee. it is
getting better-finally-but during discussion in the dumpster chat room,
we feel that there is a real need out there for id bracelets and
hospital check in kits-when the scarey thought hit me that no one (not
even my husband) knew my meds routine. so if any of you have any ideas or
suggestions that we could use to maybe make up some of these kits,
kindly email me. i think that this is something that we never expect
will happen to us.
oh yes, i almost forgot, i have found out that i have been chosen as one
of WEEK-TV's 25 women in leadership for 2002. i'm really excited about
that!!

--
Joan E. Blessington Snyder       50/11
http://www.pwnkle.com/jes/jes_web/index.htm