As everyone knows, there are many organizations out there fighting on our
behalf in many different arenas.  And I am probably not alone in having
developed new priorities for my charitable contributions.  As much as I
still value what Defenders of Wildlife, for example, can do, it just doesnt
have my passion anymore.
But, just as I did before, I want my contributions to do the most they can.
And, effectiveness can be measured in many different ways.  I have already
sent a contribution to the organization behind Ask the Doc and Ask the Diet
because they really help me in some of the practical stuff.  But I also want
to help influence the future.  Has anyone else done research on the various
Parkinsons org's that they would mind sharing.  I remember there was a group
that checked on charitable orgs and gave them approval if they spent a
certain percentage of contributions on effecting change as opposed to admin
costs such as high salaries.  But I cant remember their name.
Any tips for my search or info already gathered?  Thanks, Bob