Hi Olga,
I'd like to share some interesting  history about Archbishop Desmond
Tutu's World prayer for people suffering with Parkinson's disease.
It was issued through our Parkinsn list, in April 1999, to mark World
Parkinson's Awareness Month  --

The prayer idea was initiated by Ivan Suzman - he contacted the
archbishop's office - at that time Desmond Tutu was a Visiting Professor
of Theology at  Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. Ivan told his story
about living with Parkinson's .  He also asked other  list  members to
send emails and tell their stories as well - and  many of us did so.
Archbishop Tutu heard us and replied to Ivan that he would "do something"
for Parkinson's. The something turned out to be his moving World Prayer
that you quoted in your posting.

Listowner Barbara Patterson organizationed many list members to help
publicize the prayer and Desmond Tutu's involvement locally and
nationally, and internationally. Hans van der Genugten gave it a
permanent home on his web site.
Thanks for your posting - itt brought back many memories and it was
inspiring to read his words again.

Ivan, Barabara and Hans  - i probably left out a lot of the story  -
maybe you have more details you'd like to add.
Linda