To all of Deborah's friends and supporters on this List:

I talked to Deborah about an hour ago and she has been misdiagnosed from the
beginning.  According to Dr. Levesque at Cedars Sinai, she does not have
Parkinson's Disease, but either  Supranuclear Palsy or Shay-Drager/MSAP,
striatal nigra degeneration (her brain stem cell is definitely dying, as you
may know (please forgive me if I get these appellations wrong).  I'm sure
some of the experts on the List can correct me, plus a whole host of other
problems.  This Dr. was VERY thorough.  They were there about 3 hours.

Anyway, she is not a candidate for the brain stem cell procedure for
Parkinson's Disease.  She has to have another brain scan done soon at Emory U
in Atlanta. so a definitive diagnosois can be made.  If she does not have
Dudley Moore's disease she may be the one candidate for using her own brain
cells (no guarantees) for the other condition, MSAP< I think, but it won't
help her brain stem cell deterioration.

She is exhausted and does not want more invasive procedures, but may change
her mind when the final diagnosis is made.  So it is not A or B as Robert
hoped, but much more complicated, A<B<C<D<E&F.

Dr. L's office was flooded with emails and petitions and faxes.  She and
Robert appreciate your support, but they have a very difficult road ahead.
When they return they will correct any misrepresentations or errors I have
made.  But I thought that all of you who signed the petitions and emails
would like to know how she fared.

She and I will no doubt continue to scream, rant and rave...trying to get
some attention and someday help for all those who suffer.
Rayilyn