Started to answer all your questions but forgot some of then.  You might want
to have your battery checked to see if it is getting low. The less time you
are without your stimulator the better. I've been on my soap box for some
time to turn the replacement surgery into emergency surgery instead of
scheduled surgery.

They used a local anesthesia that sent me babbling, I hope they didn't listen
to closely as I spoke about some pretty private things I can remember
everything I said but just didn't have the discipline to keep my mouth shut.
LOL

The replacement doesn't hurt nearly as bad as the implants.  I have both
sides done but they only replaced the battery that needed it but they did up
grade it so I no longer erase my credit cards or my motel room keys. It is
really nice to have the new unit even though it feels bigger than the old one
it may be the same size.

Let me know how you come out as I am serious about making it emergency
surgery
I was left over a long weekend before I could get to my DR to get any meds.
jjjane

http://www.geocities.com/janet313/pienet/ross/