Agnes,

I urge you NOT to dismiss antidepressants and/or antianxiety meds out of
hand--depression is a DISEASE, not just a situation that you can't do
anything about.

I know you've made up your mind not to take medication for  your
depression.  However, I'm afraid that about 40% of PD patients have one
form of depression or another, and it not just because they're sad or
anxious about their future.  Many PD patients present with symptoms of
depression before PD diagnosis.  I'm always curious about people who
gladly take medication for any other illness, but when it comes to a
mental condition, even though it is due to a medical condition--a
chemical imbalance in the brain--they insist on not taking medication for
relief.  That may not be exactly why you don't want to take medication
for depression, but I must share with you that I was suffering with
depression so much that it got in the way as much or more than PD of
getting on with my life.  Antidepressants saved me--they transformed me
from not being able to function, to being motivated and far more positive
about my future, and able to tackle problems and get things done.  In
other words, they restored my ability to have some semblance of a LIFE!

Good luck,
Charlotte Mancuso