Hi Agnes,
Welcome to the list. Hope you will find the friendship and iinformation
here will help you. We have all gone through or are going through the
same challenges you described so well. Often just knowing that many of us
share the same fears and worries for the future helps with coping with
our own emotions.

Certainly receiving a diagnosis of Parkinison's, especially if you are a
young onset patient can bring on depression. It is scary and it does take
time to accept and find ways of dealing with it. Changes in brain
chemistry is another facet of PD and  can cause depression and many find
that anti-depressants really do help. Others want to find ways of coping
that don't involve more drugs. There's really no right or wrong answer -
we each have to find what works best for us.
What worked for me when i was first diagnosed and still does is getting
involved in some activity that helps you to fight back at this rotten
disease. There are lots of options. Are in interested in political action
or want to find out more about it? -- Visit the Parkinson's Action
Network <www.parkinsonsaction.org>
To help research funding efforts -- the Parkinson Alliance
<www.parkinsonalliance.net>  or the Michael J. Fox Foundation
<www.michaeljfox.org>  There's a new young parkinson's site and
organization <www.youngparkinsons.com>
Also a new website devoted to grass roots advocacy for neurological
diseases will be up and running soon - the Grassroots Connection (i'll
post the url when it's ready for visitors.)
These are just a few - you'll find links from these to many other
Parkinson's communities and organizations.
Read as much as you can about PD -- knowledge is power.
You are not alone.
Best wishes and keep writing,
Linda Herman