Thank you, Olga for this special submission.
Emily
----- Original Message -----
From: "Olga Rónaky" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 4:11 PM
Subject: Prayer for PWPs

> Dear All,
>
> two days ago I visited Hans van der Genugten (from The Netherlands and
from the Sparkle) homepage, where I found some sweat warming, wonderful
items on  PD, among others this prayer, too.
http://people.zeelandnet.nl/genugten/indexeng.htm

> and read the story of a usual day beginning from Anneke's "pen"
(keyboard...). Who is Anneke? A 50 year old female PWP. "She has got
this disease about 9 years and still has problems with accepting. Anneke
tells about a morning in her life: to start with waking up with pain and
ending with canceling her appointment with the hairdresser, because she
is too exhausted, again."

> Reading her words I laughed and cried at the same time, and I realized
again: I am not alone with my afflictions...

> And I will never forget Archbishop Tutu's prayer about us, PWPs: "We
are here. We are not shadows. We are not misfits."

> Maybe some of you is familiar both this prayer, both Hans's homepage -
they are very lucky that met earlier these uplifting thoughts.

> Love,
>
> Olga
> PWP 49/47/40 and CG for my own
> Hungary
>
> **May peace of heart fill all your days, may serenity grace your
soul.**

> Parkinson's Disease World Awareness Day Prayer
>
> O God You are the source of all goodness,
> life, light, and health and knowledge.
>
> We thank You for all that You have given us so lavishly:
> food, shelter, life, love.
>
> We thank You for those who have loved and cared for us:
> our fathers and mothers, our sisters and brothers,
> our relatives and friends.
>
> Others lack all of these things.
>
> We come before You as your children who are suffering from
> Parkinson's Disease.
>
> The world is not always as aware of us as we would want.
> We thank You for those striving to make us more visible.
>
> We, too, are human persons with feelings and emotions.
>
> We are thankful for those who have passed laws that seek to make
> Parkinson's Disease a national and indeed an international issue.
> We want the world to know that we exist.
>
> We are here. We are not shadows. We are not misfits.
> We are human beings with a certain affliction.
>
> We pray that there will be greater awareness of our plight.
>
> We pray that our governments will make adequate funds available
> for research to discover a cure for Parkinson's Disease.
> We are on the verge of a breakthrough.
>
> We pray for those who compassionately look after us
> and those searching for a cure.
>
> Bless their efforts and crown them with wonderful success.
>
> Bless us all.
>
> Pour forth your Holy Spirit on us all abundantly
> now and always.
>
> Amen
>

> Desmond M. Tutu
> Archbishop Emeritus of Cape Town, South Africa
> Nobel Peace Laureate

mailto:[log in to unmask]