-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of CCD
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 8:07 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: How to tell coworkers?

I have a problem when it comes to sharing the diagnosis at work. My
tremor is becoming more evident as time passes and my neurologist
doesn't want to prescribe anything until I am assessed at the Movement
Disorders Clinic (where I have an appointment in a month from now.) My
immediate supervisor is aware of what is going on and is very
supportive.

However, a number of people want to know why I have resigned from a
couple of high profile, high stress (volunteer) positions at work. One
of these people is a persistent person who wants all the "dirt" on
anything and everything. She is probably The Primary Source of gossip
and is also prone to catastrophizing things. I have tried to go with the
"personal circumstances" or "medical issues" route, but it doesn't
always work. And I want to be honest as well as desiring to educate
people about PD.

Got any good suggestions???