Hi Jamie

My article in JBTC on writing in an insurance company covers some of this.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jamie MacKinnon" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 2:45 PM
Subject: Looking for recent research - - what Effective Writers Do

> Can anyone help me by pointing to recent research (within the past 5
years) on what I'd call "What effective writers do that ineffective writers
don't" - - stuff that might cover process (planning, revising strategies,
etc.) and attitudes (openness to new ideas, social cognition, etc.)?

> I'd be especially grateful for any pointers to research done in
non-academic settings, but would be interested in all relevant research.

> Jamie MacKinnon
>
> BTW, I think Russ is to be congratulated, if that's the right word, for
being associated with the first university in Canada to have a building
named after Brian Mulroney.