Greetings all,
I'm hoping that this is a good time (now that you're all feeling that
September/new year enthusiasm) to make a pitch for submissions to the
newsletter. The next issue will go out in September, so the deadline has
to be September 15th.  I have some specific requests, some small and
not-so-small, so please choose something to respond to and help me fill
this issue with wonderful stuff.
First, the not-so-small:
-I need someone who was at the conference to write a summary/response. I
choose those words hesitantly since the format is entirely up to you. We
need something in response to the conference, which from all the
informal reports I've had was  engaging and exciting.

-I'd really like someone to recap/condense/reply to the conversation on
the list about authentic writing. This was a lively conversation about a
topic that got a lot of animated attention. I'd like to address it in
the newsletter.

Second, (the not-so-large)
I'd like to put together a list of recommended readings (for us) and a
list of recommended web sites (for us and/or for students).  You can
send your recommendations, and a brief annotation to make this a really
useful list, directly to me at [log in to unmask]
I'll compile the list and credit the suggestion/annotation unless you
specifically ask me not to.

Thanks, Jane Milton