From: "Anne Rutherford" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Barbara Patterson" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: can you send this letter?
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 18:00:31 -0230

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C23BE0.D3432020

Hello from a long time member of Barbara Patterson's PARKINSN List.

There are many lists today on the topic of Parkinson's . There's =
something for everyone. But when Barb started the Parkinson Information =
Exchange Network (also known as PIEN) in 1992-1993 she was just about =
the first.

Later on John Cottingham joined the list, He has always been a great =
help to Barbara and about 4 years ago he set up an online version of =
PIEN. Its name surprise! is PIENO and the long form is "Parkinson =
Information Exchange Network--Online."=20

--Note the 'O' for online. John has very generously covered the costs of =
PIENO since it began.

For ten years Barb's list has been sponsored by a faculty member at the =
University of Toronto (Canada) and the University has been very generous =
in its support of PIEN.

Barbara's thoughts about the list and why she started it can be found in =
her welcome letter:

"In September 1992 I was diagnosed as having Parkinson's... hence my =
interest in this topic. My purpose in starting the list was the exchange =
of information about Parkinson's. The list rapidly changed into the =
largest support group I know. Besides its original purpose, the list has =
become 'a means of feeling connected' to others... a way of feeling =
we're not alone.. of making living with pd easier to bear."

Every message (almost) posted to the list is stored in searchable =
Archives, preserved forever, spelling mistakes and all. How to access =
the archives---- just follow the instructions. There are some very =
interesting reviews of Parkinson treatments, both practical and weird, =
all kinds of aids for independant living, and stories to make you laugh =
or cry.

We owe a great deal to both John and Barbara and their "get on with it"

attitude. They have made the world a better place for Parkies and this =
Parkie thanks them.

Anne Rutherford

Newfoundland

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C23BE0.D3432020

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D4>
<P>Hello from a long time member of Barbara Patterson&#8217;s PARKINSN =
List.</P>
<P>There are many lists today on the topic of Parkinson&#8217;s . =
There&#8217;s something=20
for everyone. But when Barb started the Parkinson Information Exchange =
Network=20
(also known as PIEN) in 1992-1993 she was just about the first.</P>
<P>Later on John Cottingham joined the list, He has always been a great =
help to=20
Barbara and about 4 years ago he set up an online version of PIEN. Its =
name=20
surprise! is PIENO and the long form is "Parkinson Information Exchange=20
Network--Online." </P>
<P>--Note the &#8216;O&#8217; for online. John has very generously =
covered the costs of=20
PIENO since it began.</P>
<P>For ten years Barb&#8217;s list has been sponsored by a faculty =
member at the=20
University of Toronto (Canada) and the University has been very generous =
in its=20
support of PIEN.</P>
<P>Barbara&#8217;s thoughts about the list and why she started it can be =
found in her=20
welcome letter:</P>
<P>"In September 1992 I was diagnosed as having Parkinson&#8217;s... =
hence my interest=20
in this topic. My purpose in starting the list was the exchange of =
information=20
about Parkinson&#8217;s. The list rapidly changed into the largest =
support group I=20
know. Besides its original purpose, the list has become &#8216;a means =
of feeling=20
connected&#8217; to others... a way of feeling we&#8217;re not alone.. =
of making living with=20
pd easier to bear."</P>
<P>Every message (almost) posted to the list is stored in searchable =
Archives,=20
preserved forever, spelling mistakes and all. How to access the =
archives----=20
just follow the instructions. There are some very interesting reviews of =

Parkinson treatments, both practical and weird, all kinds of aids for=20
independant living, and stories to make you laugh or cry.</P>
<P>We owe a great deal to both John and Barbara and their "get on with =
it"</P>
<P>attitude. They have made the world a better place for Parkies and =
this Parkie=20
thanks them.</P>
<P>Anne Rutherford</P>
<P>Newfoundland</P></FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C23BE0.D3432020--