From: Donald F. McKinley <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sunday, August 04, 2002 11:48 AM
Subject: Re: Long-Term PD

http://www.geocities.com/doncyberdadmckinley/
----- Original Message -----
From: "myles" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2002 5:50 AM
Subject: Long-Term PD

> Good day everyone. I joined the list before but left a year ago. Now I am
back. My mother has had PD for more than 10 years now and has been taking
Sinemet for 5 years. She takes 1/2 Sinemet every 2 hrs now. For a day she
takes a total of 5 Sinemet tablets.

> Actually she has taken almost all remedies available, even the dopamine
agonists, Parlodel etc.

> Each day that passes now she is so afraid of dying. She is now 77 yo. And
she thinks surgery is out of the question.

> I have been browsing through the internet for long-term PD and there seems
to be no alternative other than surgery. Does anyone in the group know of
any information I can get to help ease the PD discomfort for my momther?
> MYLES  TELL U R MOTHER OR SHOW HER THIS I AM 78 HAD PD FOR 33 YEARS  STILL
LOOKING AT YOUNG LADIES.  GOD WILL TAKE U WHEN UR TIME COMES. NOT BEFOR SO
THINK HOW LUCKY U R TO SEE THIS DAY. IF U DON'T  WELL THAT IS THE END & U
GOT NOT NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.   HUG U R FAMILY  & U R SELF    I.Y.Q.  DON
mailto:[log in to unmask]