When I
> helped take him for an MRI [no problems seen in MRI pictures], his arms
and
> hands were yellow. [For those who can remember when oleomargerine was
white
> and came with a yellow-orange dye packet:

How very odd.  You'll have to tell us about the final diagnosis.   Has
anyone looked at this guy's adrenal function?  Has arsenic poisoning been
ruled out?  Both problems can cause changes in skin color, albeit not the
changes you describe.  Nonetheless, considering his rapid neurological
deterioration, ruling out arsenic poisoning might not be a bad idea.  Here
in Michigan we have high levels of arsenic in  some wells - involved
individuals have a whole host of weird symptoms, including neurological
deterioration.
-----
God bless
Mary Ann