Hello,
After having been diagnosed and treated for PD for now about
five years now I thought that using the Net for information might
be a good idea. I found this LISTSERV very easily. I have
subscribed to newsletters and other sources while being a
caregiver to son with ALS (1996 - 1999) . I find that the people
involved with either treatment or having a disease are way ahead
of the popular press and I am able to get the best leads as to
care or treatment.

First let me say that I consider PD a major inconvenience rather
than debilitating (So Far). If anyone does not like the way I
shake or walk or act that is their problem not mine. If they want
to make a change let them contribute to research. I believe that
consistent high levels of activity slow down the disease
progression and an attitude of "do it if you can or do it any way
possible" helps. Each day is a challenge to see what can be done.
Sometimes a lot, sometimes a little, age and PD slow you but
don't have to stop you. I try to stay as active as anyone else my
age (73).

I have a supportive family, they find lots for me to do, an
excellent neurologist and expect to be moderately functional for
another 12 years. Enough of this for now I better go arrange a
meal for my wife and myself.

Regards, Bill Lawless
[Ergo hoc, ergo propter hoc!] a logical fallacy.