Joan,  We live in Jacksonville, Fl. where a Mayo Clinic is also located.
There are only 2 outside of Minnesota, the one in Scottsdale and ours here.
We are very lucky to have such excellant care right in our own community.
When we moved back here 8 years ago we had an internal medicine doctor in the
"community" not at Mayo, we called ourselves for an appointment with the
Parkinson's doctor at Mayo and had to wait 9 months to get in.  It would have
been much sooner I believe had a neurologist made the appointment for us.  We
now have all our care at Mayo including our family doctors there as well and
when on of them sends us to the speciality clinic we are in within a few
weeks.   We believe it is the some of the best care in the world.  Mayo does
not accept Medicare assignment so that is something you will need to deal
with but our supplement picks up the difference.  Good luck but call soon so
you will know how long your wait will be.  Jackie