In answer to your question Bill has had the Ustep walker several months now.
He likes it very much.  Prior to that he used only a cane but  was beginning
to need more than a cane.  His Parkinson's doctor at Mayo reccomended we
obtain the UStep.  It is very good at for what it is designed for, very
sturdy especially with loss of balance.  It does have some drawbacks.  It is
heavy I think, I am 67 yrs old and consider myself to be as strong as the
next but it is very difficult to lift into the trunk of the car.  Also it is
long, Bill is 6 ft, and it is very comfortable for him to use but only with
lots of twisting  can get  it in the trunk of our Honda Accord if the trunk
is empty and I turn it just right.  Due to the difficulty of getting it in
the trunk we also bought one of the 4 wheeled walkers with the seat and
basket and for now take it in the car and leave the UStep at home.  I realize
that down the road he will need the UStep when he goes out but for now it is
just too much hassle for us.  All of that being said we do think it is a
great improvement over the standard 4 wheel walker.  In fact today in a
restaurant Bill tipped the "regular" walker up somehow and nearly lost his
balance, scared me.  the UStep would never do that.  Good luck.  Let me know
if I can answer any other questions or confuse you anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jackie