From: Bill Lawless <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, August 12, 2002 1:06 PM
Subject: The Latin Phrase

" But I have a question----What was that Latin statement at the
end of your message?"
  Sincerely, Cathy

It translates approximately to "After this, therefore because of
this" . A logical fallacy

Would you believe that the only class I failed in HS was Latin.
Mostly being stubborn and childish. Regrets are occasions for
learning. In my former lives as a test engineer and then a
business process analyst it was always a good thing to see what
is really going on.

As it relates to exploring causes of Parkinson's Disease onset or
treatment I believe we should always retain a healthy degree of
skepticism about the relationship of items because of their time
sequence. Since this condition (PD) affects so many people there
are going to be a lot of unusual situations reported. It serves
us well not to get excited about them until all to facts are
known.

Regards, Bill Lawless
[Ergo hoc, ergo propter hoc!] a logical fallacy.