William... No easy answers there.  Is the answer (42) your age also?  I'm
44 and have had full blown symptoms for the last 5 years or so.  I am a
teacher, but have been working in the same district for 15 years or so.  I
do tell people because it's so obvious that something is wrong.  Personally
that has worked out pretty well for me.  People watch out for me.

I think your biggest problem isn't your disease, its your job search
technique.  I was a vocational counselor for 5 years and one of the things
I learned along with my clients is that mailing out mass resumes is a
highly ineffective way to get a job.  There are just too many ways for your
resume to get weeded out.  You should check out the book What Color is Your
Parachute for ideas on how to do an effective job search.(you may have
already done that!)  I'll look over my materials and see if there is some
other sources of good info.  Good luck.

Scott Burnett