Hello everyone!  Does anyone have a list (or just a sense) of the greatest PD-related advances in the last 12 months?  These could be medical advances, medication or aging legislation, successful advocacy efforts or anything at all?

My husband and I are planning a year-long trip (actually 13 months) to travel the country in an RV emblazoned with Parkinson stuff, visiting all the governors (except HI and Alaska) and getting a rolling petition signed. We would stop in Wal-Mart or shoppping center  parking lots across the country (looks like about 20,000 miles at this point) and hand out literature, gets petitions signed etc... Trying to get Good Morning America or the Today show to cover this effort.  Also looking for local press coverage in cities and towns across the country.  So far we have some serious interest from several national sponsors and are pretty far down the path, but I am working on a press kit and trying to gather some "good news."  This "tour" would leave August 2003. Also, if you think this is a good idea, letters or emails of support would be great.  Thanks, Meg Duggan

You can write or call me at:

Meg Duggan
Parkinson Association of Greater Kansas City
7808 Foster
Overland Park, KS 66204
913-341-8828
Fax - 913-341-8885