Marilyn,
WALKING AFTER DBS.
A member of my support group had DBS Aug 1.  He is 66 years old and has
had P.D. for 28 years. He can speak, but now he can't walk.  As of today
he is able to walk 200 feet with a therapist helping him. They tell him
that he will always have to use a walker, something he didn't do before
surgery. He is quite upset, because he has lost his independance, and
they ttold him that he'll never be able to walk independently again.

 He  has gone from 6 Pills a day to one pill.

sorry I can't help you with the speech problem.

Margie