So, should diabetics stop taking insulin because they have a habit of using
it in order to live? Should asthma sufferers figure out a way to stop their
medication because it is lets them continue one of the most ingrained habits
of all, breathing?

Excuse, I am mentally ill, an obsessive compulsive with a bad case of
circular thinking. Some form or another of it runs throughout the
strangely-wired brains of all my blood relatives.  Everybody (hopefully)
finds a way to cope.
Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors, of which Paxil is one, helps people
optimize their thoughts and energy instead of using an inordinate amount
working around their malfunctioning synapses. And, since Serotonin and
Dopamine seem very related to each other, who can presently say that taking
a drug that helps get all the goodie out of what Serotonin we are able to
utilize efficiently that it doesn't have some good benefit for the Dopamine
connection (they have no long term studies on any of the SSRIs that I am
aware of).

Yes, most drugs are habit forming, if not physiologically then for the
benefits they enable. I will always take a SSRI (unless something more
targeted comes along). I work with a division of Medicaid and our beef with
the companies that advertise their designer drugs is the affect it has on
advertising targets. The ads always mention to ask you doctor about their
specific drug at the expense (literally) of a generic one that might be just
as effective (granted some aren't) It's a money thing for state run Medicaid
HMOs whose administrators have little hair left on their heads after so much
pulling for creative solutions to a shrinking budget.

Now, if Don was asking about SSRIs as specifically related to Parkinson's, I
cannot answer that. My Dad is very depressed altho' his generation would
never put a name to his despair.

If I have missed Don's point, nevermind.

CG Jann