I really think that anyone considering long-term care is wise to consult an
elder and disability lawyer ( listed in the phone book or ask at a support
group.)  There are millions of things that swing one way or the other.  We
had someone here who got in trouble because of the type of pre-paid burial
plan they had, State of Kansas considered it an asset.  I know people who
have probably saved hundreds of thousands of dollars by spending a grand or
so...  Meg