You wrote.......Can some of those who are close to the case tell us that
Dr.Fink's warnings have been heeded and the current procedures are ok.

Hi Julius....thx for your concern...it's such a terrible situation...I can't
answer your questions above but I can tell you that Deborah called another
friend while driving  up to NY and said that she was aware of  Bob's
comments and wished she had seen them sooner.
and  when Robert called me on the phone, I did tell him to make sure that
they read each of  Bob's  comments in each email.......they have a laptop
with them and do
log in daily for the messages.   As you know from my posting last night, the
surgery is on hold for a couple of days.     He's due to call again tonight
after speaking with the doctor so I'll have more information.    Joan
Hartman
P.S...would you clarify what you meant by "we may be encouraging still more
destructive  behavior."