DDear DEborah,

How strange, but my sister-in-law had Cchiani Malformation about 5 years
ago.  She was operated on at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
 She is doing fine at this time, but she no longer drives as she can't
turn her head.  The surgeon went in  through the roof of her mouth I
think.  she wore a halo and later had a bone graft to strenthen hher
spinal column to staabialize her neck  She had a trach after surgery,
which made it hard to communicate.  So if you are going to have surgery
get a chalk board or somethinng.  You could write (print) with your
finger on a persons hand.

She was born in 1941 to give you an idea of her age,.

I hope I didn't upset you, I only mean to help and prepare you. YOu'll be
in our thoughts and prayeres.  Never give up, your life is too precious,
and so many people love you.  Never give up or in.

Sincerely yours,
Margie