From: Rayilyn Brown <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Saturday, August 17, 2002 10:57 AM
Subject: Deborah/ovarian cancer

Dear List,

Deborah Setzer told Kathleen and me yesterday that she found a 43 or 48
(can't remember which) CA-125 reading in April of  this year for ovarian
cancer in her medical records.  1-35 is normal.

I told her sometimes those CA-125's give false readings....not to offer
false
hope, but they won't really know unless they open her up. You can have a
normal CA-125  and still have ovarian cancer (my own experience), but this
is
DEFINITELY BAD NEWS on top of the pending brain surgery for Chiari.

We understand that the reading is 85 -90 percent accurate and that means
there is a 10-15 percent chance she is OK. But the thought of yet another
surgery...and then  chemo is too much to bear.  Just the thought it all has
floored me.

Needless to say Deborah and Robert need all the support they can get from
all
of us.
Rayilyn