Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:06:56 -0400
Sender: [log in to unmask]
From: "The Carswell Family" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "NEWF-L" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Spay/Neuter Postage Stamps

------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C24DCA.9F2611C0

This is a cross-post from another group but I though you'd be interested in=20
it:

Subject: Spay/Neuter Postage Stamps to Go on Sale in September

The stamp we have all been waiting for is ready for September sales in post=20
offices throughout the country.  Now is the time to ask your local  P.O. to=20
order lots of them, especially since you intend to buy a lot of them. Let's=20
do what we can to make this the biggest selling stamp in history. I want to=20
urge you all to send a letter to everyone you know asking them to buy the=20
new spay/neuter stamps starting September and throughout next year. Below is=
=20
a letter I am sending to my friends and relatives which you may use as it is=
=20
or some version of it.

Dear Family and Friends,
For many years the struggle to humanely control populations of homeless cats=
=20
and dogs has been an uphill struggle.  However, great strides are being made=
=20
in recent years, what with the organized efforts to spay and neuter feral=20
cat colonies as well as to educate people about spaying  and neutering their=
=20
own animal companions and adopting from shelters.
One important project that many  advocates for animals have been working on=20
for years has finally come to fruition:  the issuance of a first-class=20
postage stamp (37 cents) to promote spaying and neutering.  After a good=20
deal of lobbying and several false starts, finally, we have two stamps: One=20
with the picture of a dog and one with the picture of a cat. Both say
"Spay/Neuter." They are beautiful stamps and will be available at post=20
offices throughout the country for a year starting this September.  This=20
will be a valuable advertising tool that will help relieve the suffering of=20
billions of unwanted and homeless cats and dogs by preventing their=20
conception and birth.
I want to urge you to ask for and buy these stamps starting September and=20
throughout the year, and also to ask your post office to be sure to stock=20
them and keep them in stock.  P.O.'s do not necessarily order all stamps=20
which become available unless there is a request for them.
By so doing, you will be helping to prevent the birth of millions of=20
unwanted animals, for which there are not nearly enough homes and prevent=20
the euthanasia of untold numbers of dogs and cats because of the enormous=20
overflow in shelters throughout the country.
Thank you.
PLEASE POST TO OTHER LISTS AND INDIVIDUALS

------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C24DCA.9F2611C0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#d8d0c8>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><FONT size=3D3>This is a cross-post from another group b=
ut I=20
though you'd be interested in <BR>it:<BR><BR>Subject: Spay/Neuter Postage St=
amps=20
to Go on Sale in September<BR><BR>The stamp we have all been waiting for is=20
ready for September sales in post <BR>offices throughout the country.&nbsp;=20=
Now=20
is the time to ask your local&nbsp; P.O. to <BR>order lots of them, especial=
ly=20
since you intend to buy a lot of them. Let's <BR>do what we can to make this=
 the=20
biggest selling stamp in history. I want to <BR>urge you all to send a lette=
r to=20
everyone you know asking them to buy the <BR>new spay/neuter stamps starting=
=20
September and throughout next year. Below is <BR>a letter I am sending to my=
=20
friends and relatives which you may use as it is <BR>or some version of=20
it.<BR></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><FONT size=3D3>Dear Family and Friends,<BR>For many year=
s the=20
struggle to humanely control populations of homeless cats <BR>and dogs has b=
een=20
an uphill struggle.&nbsp; However, great strides are being made <BR>in recen=
t=20
years, what with the organized efforts to spay and neuter feral <BR>cat colo=
nies=20
as well as to educate people about spaying&nbsp; and neutering their <BR>own=
=20
animal companions and adopting from shelters.<BR>One important project that=20
many&nbsp; advocates for animals have been working on <BR>for years has fina=
lly=20
come to fruition:&nbsp; the issuance of a first-class <BR>postage stamp (37=20
cents) to promote spaying and neutering.&nbsp; After a good <BR>deal of lobb=
ying=20
and several false starts, finally, we have two stamps: One <BR>with the pict=
ure=20
of a dog and one with the picture of a cat. Both say<BR>"Spay/Neuter." They=20=
are=20
beautiful stamps and will be available at post <BR>offices throughout the=20
country for a year starting this September.&nbsp; This <BR>will be a valuabl=
e=20
advertising tool that will help relieve the suffering of <BR>billions of=20
unwanted and homeless cats and dogs by preventing their <BR>conception and=20
birth.<BR>I want to urge you to ask for and buy these stamps starting Septem=
ber=20
and <BR>throughout the year, and also to ask your post office to be sure to=20
stock <BR>them and keep them in stock.&nbsp; P.O.'s do not necessarily order=
 all=20
stamps <BR>which become available unless there is a request for them.<BR>By=20=
so=20
doing, you will be helping to prevent the birth of millions of <BR>unwanted=20
animals, for which there are not nearly enough homes and prevent <BR>the=20
euthanasia of untold numbers of dogs and cats because of the enormous=20
<BR>overflow in shelters throughout the country.<BR>Thank you.<BR>PLEASE POS=
T TO=20
OTHER LISTS AND INDIVIDUALS</FONT><BR></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C24DCA.9F2611C0--