Dear Mylene,

Yes, depression can be a "state of mind" especially if you have every reason
to be depressed. Mind over matter, I suppose, can be effective in those
instances. I know this discussion is "off-topic", so I will stop. I feel
strongly about how the mentally ill are commonly viewed in some circles as
lacking the willpower to think their malady away. I regret blurting out my
personal view.

On a more PD note, this is a very informative website about
neurotransmitters, Unit III touches on Dopamine.

http://www.williams.edu/imput/synapse/pages/III.html

CGJann