Hi,
this info arrived from Kathrynne Holden a few minutes ago - maybe it is for
you....

In my last email I made a mistake with explaining rTMS : repetitive
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation - therapy, I forgot to write the word
"Stimulation."

During my 6 and half-day (!) stay with this certain Hungarian doc, I got
altogether 14 + 14 repetitive electro shock shots into my brain (for two
territories of the brain) and the same quantity on my neck (spondylosis
cerv, and univ,) and also  the same quantity on my lumbosacral column
region, one minute of each. . Let's add: 56 electro shock treatments in
6(and half) days.... Without any  control, regarding the fact that not the
doc, but her old, retired assistant gave the shock "shots" to the patients,
yes, in absence of the doc!

A bit later,  tomorrow or the day after tomorrow I'll try to tell the whole
story -  now it is too late here, I'm tired a bit. I had alot to do with my
e-magazine today.
Sorry for my mistakes, about midnight my English is getting worsen, worsen,
worsen...

Good night,

Olga

Here is Kathrynne's message:

Dear Listfriends, the following article contains information of possible
interest for some folks. Best, Kathrynne

Magnetic Stimulation Relieves Depression
CHICAGO, Aug 25, 2002 (United Press International via COMTEX) -- Painless
magnetic waves pulsed across the brain appear to relieve depression as
well as the more traumatic and standard electro-convulsive shock therapy,
researchers said at the annual meeting of the American Psychological
Association.

Called repetitive trans-cranial magnetic stimulation, the experimental
procedure, which consists of a series of 20 treatments over a 2-to-4-week
period, dramatically improves the condition of people with severe
depression, said Sheila Dowd, associate professor of psychiatry at the
University of Illinois at Chicago.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_9090.html