On 27 Aug 2002 at 20:42, Bob Allison wrote:

> I have never been a huge believer in coincidence; therefore, the
> recent news announced by the Fox Foundation, TPF, and NIEHS has me
> very curious.  I am elated by all of the news, but does anyone know
> why these announcements came so close to each other?  INquiring
> minds and all that......Bob

Hi Bob,
I rather doubt there is any significance to the timing...

The "merger" has been in the works for a number of years...

(I announced it here a coupla years ago when I wasn't s'posed t' know
and obviously, in hindsight, didn't....)

The pressure for expanded govt. funded environmental studies
has been ongoing even longer...

And MJF?  He's in a hurry...

cheers ..... murray