Date sent:              Sat, 24 Aug 2002 21:40:13 +0800
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
From:                   Mylene <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                JannBell
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> In the same light...drugs and medicines are chemicals you put into
> your body and one has to limit or stop the intake sooner or later,
> unless it turns inot acid eating you up from the inside!

While this might be true in some cases, it is far from universal.
Think of the Type I diabetic, whose body does not produce insulin,
and who needs to have it supplied as treatment.  PD probably fits
into this category as well (dopamine deficiencies).

There are other conditions, such as epilepsy, where the patient will
be required to take medication for a lifetime, otherwise they will
not be able to function in society.

There is probably a fair amount of over-prescribing of medicines
going on, but each case has to be looked at individually.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"