From: "Debra Sutton" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2002 11:29 PM
Subject: B6

> My pharmacist told me to be careful not to take B6 while taking Sinemet as
it interferes with the absorption of B6 into the brain.  I was curious and
decided to investigate for myself. Sure enough he was right.  If you look up
B6 on the internet a warning is listed about taking it while taking drugs
for Parkinsons.  Likewise if you look up Sinemet it gives a warning about
B6.  My understanding after further conversations with my pharmacist is that
it is only B6 that is a problem.  Other B vitamins such as B12 are fine.
> You might also wnt to watch out for tyrosine.  It is supposed to interfere
with the absorption of sinemet too.  Just FYI.
> Debra

mailto:[log in to unmask]