From: "Connie" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 8:11 PM
Subject: Re: Deborah and John C.

I am truly amazed that Deborah was removed from this list and that her
circumstances were equated
to a "soap opera." It is hard enough that many of the people around us don't
understand what it's
like to have PD or one of the look-alike syndromes. On Friday, a number of
local teachers ganged
up on a their arbitrator (the teachers are in the midst of contract
negotiations); they accused
this man of being a coward when he left at the end of the day because he was
shaking. He tried to
tell them that he had PD, but it took until the next day before they found
out that the man had PD
and that they finally apologized to him for their behaviour. These are
teachers with Bachelors and
Masters degrees, people who are supposed to helping to keep bullying out of
the classroom. To see
this similar type of pettiness on this list makes me very sad. Isn't this
supposed to be a place
where we can receive some mutual support and educate one another? IMO,
Deborah should be returned
to active status on the list (if she is so inclined) and she should receive
an apology for what
was said about her.