Greetings to all! As we start the new term (in toronto at least), we
need to be reminded what we have in store when the school year winds
down--another Inkshed conference!  Your trusty Toronto-crew (Margaret,
Barbara and M-L) have been busy finding sites for the Toronto-based
Inkshed conference in May 2003.  We have found 2 good conference
centres, but need some direction from those planning on attending about
what kind of facility they want.

The first one, Hockley Highlands, is set in rolling Ontario countryside
about 45 minutes north of highway 401 and the airport.  It has good
walking trails; the food is good (naturally an important
consideration for us Inksheders), and accommodation very pleasant.
Orangville is 10 minutes away and is a pretty town for a Saturday
get-away.  The package cost is $135 (plus tax) for the standard room,
which is a single with shared bath; more luxurious
rooms are available for more.  You may get some sense of it by visiting
the website at  http://www.hockleyhighlands.com/main.html

The other site is in Niagara area: called White Oaks--it is ritzier than
the other site--food very good and close to wine tours, Shaw festival,
etc.  The double rooms there are $155 (plus tax) per person per night.
It is further from the airport and the traffic on the Niagara-bound
highway can often be crammed.  (Sidenote: it also has a spa attached
with add-on costs if you want to have some non-conference r and r there;
and it has a very well-appointed sports facilities if your r and r
"runs" in that direction...).  White Oaks may be too fancy and even
distracting for the likes of us--but then again, maybe we feel that as
we get older (some of us, well M-L at least, seem to be getting older
faster than others :>) wouldn't mind a little luxury.  Their URL is
http://www.whiteoaks.on.ca/

But in any event, we wanted to put these 2 choices to you. Either site
would be fine, and these prices are actually a bargain for this area.
We have 2 good choices and would like some feedback to help us make the
choice. We should reserve soon to keep the prices being offered. .

Looking forward to hearing from all--and good wishes for a good term.

Regards, Mary-louise, Margaret and Barbara.
ps.  you might well ask where Leslie is--off at the Toronto Film
Festival *of course*.