Home is Ottawa, which, surprisingly, has four universities within cycling distance.  Carleton doesn't have relevant degrees at the PhD level; Ottawa U does have a PhD in English, but with offerings like A Hermeneutic Approach to the Courtly Love Tradition as Reflected in Diderot.  L'Université de Québec a Hull isn't useful for what I'm looking for.  And St. Paul's offerings are narrowly religious.

Jamie

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/24/02 01:17PM >>>
Hi Jamie,

You might try the New School in NYC. BTW, where is "home" for you? I  did a similar PhD (but with resident requirements) at McGill Education (Ad Hoc). The Ad Hoc option was ideal for interdisiplinary research. The interdisciplinary PhD is becoming increasingly popular and is popping up in unexpected
places. I'll ask around. Jean
--
Prof. Jean S. Mason, PhD
UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO