To ALL:
I wanted to thank you for your input on this topic, however, I do apologize
as it seems that I initiated conversation about something that surely isn't
very pleasant to think, talk or read about.  For that, I do sincerely
apologize.

I appreciate all the information that you have given me.

One of my best friends whom also is my Mother has PD, and as you all know,
it's a very difficult thing.  None-the-less, I have tremendous hope!

There is no glamour in dying but we all do it - so one more thing that we
all have in common.  If there is any consolation in that fact.... maybe? -
although I know that some have it much harder than others and I understand
that.

The one thing that I have a hard time with is the feeling of helplessness.
There is only so much that I can do for Mom - so we continue to hope to have
the best day today that is possible.  And do what we can.

My family and I have put together a program called "Cans for the Cure" - we
are collecting aluminum cans and submitting them for cash.  Then we donate
the money to a Parkinson's Foundation for the research and discovery of
cures for this disease.  My original thought was to get the money to the
Michael J. Fox foundation because he seems to have the public, as well as
congressional ear, therefore spearheading the effort.  Does anyone have any
input as to who is leading in this arena?
The response to our "Cans for the Cure" has been exceptional - we have
approximately 3000 cans so far and that is just with the help of a few
friends.  We now have started the program at my daughter's elementary school
and their response to this was overwhelming enthusiasm.
It may seem like a silly little "nickel and dime" effort - but we all have
been witness to the incredible way that Americans "just want to do
something".  And this seems to be one of those "things" that they can do.
Any feedback or ideas on how to maximize this effort is welcome.

I apologize for the length of the message-
Please take care and I hope that today is as "good" as it possibly can be
for you!

-Krista
Denver, Colorado