Does anyone know about this?
Ervin McCarthy
----- Original Message -----
From: drpaneri
To: Ervin McCarthy
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 9:11 PM
Subject: TIMES OF INDIA

'Vaid' claims cure for Parkinson's

By Robin David
TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Ahmedabad: Nathan Zakheim, a well-known art restoration expert in the US was preparing himself for
years of agony after contracting the Parkinson's disease, anailment or which modern medicine has not yet found a cure.
Then he met Dr Mukesh Paneri, an ayurveda doctor from Ahmedabad, who claims to have a cure.

Zakheim says in a videotaped testimony "Within two weeks of me starting Ayurveda medicine, the shaking started
to come under control. In two years, I was almost completely cured," he says.

At a time when many people are looking towards alternative medicine for long-standing ailments, Paneri claims to
have cured a number of patients of Parkinson's Disease and Trigeminal Neuralgia in the last 15 years. Among them
stars from both Hollywood and Bollywood and celebrities from across the globe, from a variety of fields.
He refuses to disclose their names because of the confidentiality clause in the US. Privately, however he does not mind
showing you e-mails, letters and photographs with such celebrities.

Navin Shah of Ahmedabad was suffering from Neuralgia, an ailment of the nervous system where certain secretions
stop in the body leading to severe pain in the ears, nose and teeth. Neuro-surgeons said he would have to live on tablets
and injections all his life as there was no permanent cure. He claims after taking Paneri's medicine, he has not swallowed a single tablet for the last lO years.

Confirms Dr Chandrahas Raval, a dental surgeon from Vadodara, "I referred one case of Trigeminal Neuralgia to
Dr. Paneri and he has definitely seen a marked improvement."

Paneri however refuses to give out the secret of his medicine, as a result of which he has no clinical trials to his
credit. "My knowledge is the extract of what my ancestors have left behind," he says. "I am a fifth generation 'vaid' in
my family My sons will carry on the tradition after me."

To ensure that they don't waver from their time-tested systems, the Paneris even make their own medicine in their
ancestral two-storey home in the narrow Sarikdi Sheri area of Manek Chowk. They have their own grinding machines and
grinding stones. Paneri proudly shows you the precious  stones used in making their concoctions, including emeralds, rubies, topaz, cats eye, pearls, amber and even corals. "My patients don't know me," he adds. "They know my medicine." Paneri's
first patient was an American called Eric Huberth who lost most of his Parkinson's  tremors  and spread the word around each
time he saw someone trembling like he did. Today a large number of foreigners visit him for a variety of diseases.

But he is not steeped only in tradition. While employees sit on the floor grinding herbs, he brings out a laptop to show his
website and the numerous e-mails he receives every day "A number of patients take advise on-line as not all of them can't
afford to come to India or invite me to their country"