Jeff & Carol, Others

1. Lifestyles which are considered unhealthful  may be a cause of EARLY
death reported as heart attack, stroke, shot by irate spouse, etc.

2. Lifestyles which are considered unhealthful may be the RESULT of disease
rather than the cause. Last month I was kicked out of a cardiac-pulmonary
exercise program at our local hospital because my sudden losses of
coordination / dexterity /muscle control / balance  could result in a
dangerous fall - and possible liability for the hospital. Parkinson's
symptoms are the cause the increased probability of falling. Exercise
definitely makes my PD symptoms come on more quickly.

3.  We are mortals.  We will all die of something.  The death rate from
Parkinson's is going up now.  As cures for heart problems, various cancers,
etc.  [temporary fixes which will keep the person alive longer it takes for
that particular problem to reoccur - long enough to have some other
recognizable malady end life first] our probability of dying from PD goes up
only goes up - but our deaths will be delayed. "Cures" for other diseases
increase the number and percentage of deaths from PD. A real cure for PD
will probably never be found, but maybe a long temporary fix will be found
which will keep us symptom free until we die from something else.

Will Johnston
DelMarVa Chapter A.P.D.A.
Salisbury MD USA 21804
410-543-0110