In a message dated 09/03/2002 9:22:18 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Date:    Tue, 3 Sep 2002 14:22:06 EDT
>  From:    George Person <[log in to unmask]>
>  Subject: Question - DMV & PD
>
>  I have a question that I hope someone can help me answer.
>
>  QUESTION:  Has anybody completed an application for a "Disabled Person
>  Placard or Plates" and found that the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
has
>  flagged them for additional verification that they can drive?

Hi, George:

I just renewed my license in Calif. I have a disabled placard as a result of
an accident and subsequent surgeries. Had no problem renewing--didn't even
have to take a written test but PD was not the reason I needed the placard.

Is PD  listed on your application?

I notice DMV application forms have a question concerning health issues that
might affect driving. Has anyone checked this section and had any reaction
from the DMV? I think diabetes is included, epilipsy, and such. On some
forms, I think  PD is listed as well.

Maybe their website or a phone call has more answers.

Good luck, drive safe!
A. Waters