From: Tom Berdine [log in to unmask]
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 22:32:58 -0600
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: F-DOPA PET

I believe that I do have Parkinson's, thus no denial. If I was in denial
would I spend 16+ hours a day advocating STEM CELLS, participating in
discussions, getting up at 4am to post Parkinson's related news, or
establishing national 501C3 Parkinson's associations?  Denial....no.

Faith in my physicians. Absolutely not. I have faith in me and in the
PWP community. Of the 13 neuros and 2 MDS's I have worked with in two
years only one of the MDS was worth a dam and he is in DC.  Too often do
we all hear: "You look good, here try this drug, see you in 6 months.".
I want to see a change in the system so those following in my footsteps
do not have to put up with such things.

Self insured? Oh my....... I have no insurance, I am lucky or not to
fall under the VA health care system.

Noticed your "Cure by 2005" line in your signature.  How do you feasibly
expect such a miracle if you constantly argue against the entire PD
community? Specifically the young onset? We must tackle all aspects of
PD together and that includes making the F-DOPA SCAN a normal part of
diagnosis (as is MRI).  Also your signature says to invite you to come
and speak to your group etc.........you are hereby officially inivited
to come speak at the 1st Annual Southwest Regional Parkinson's
Conference and 1st Annual Young Onset Parkinson's Disease Walk in
Albuquerque New Mexico from 10-12 October 2002. Please reply NLT 10
September 2002 to accept/refuse this request so we can fit you into the
lineup of speakers.  Information on the events maybe found at HYPERLINK
"www.youngparkinsons.com/symposium.htm"www.youngparkinsons.com/symposium
..htm.  We all look forward to hearing what you have to say about your
efforts in "Awareness", Activism, Self Determinatino, Bioethics, and
STEM CELL. Expect an audience of 150-200 and let us know what AV items
you need. See you in October.

Tom Berdine
HYPERLINK "www.youngparkinsons.com"www.youngparkinsons.com

"TOGETHER WE CAN WIN"