Help.

I have a meeting tomorrow with the Nursing Home on the CARE PLAN for John,
my brother.  He is in Texas and I am in Georgia.

I will request several things through teleconferencing: (His wife will sit
in on the conference and participate).

1)  I will point out to the nursing home that PD DR's (two) have both
prescribed physical therapy at the nursing home with a prescription which is
on file at the nursing home.  I will ask them to attempt to stretch out his
ligaments and begin to get him up and walking with assistance. will ask a)
what kind of physical therapy (PT) b) how frequent; c) who is going to do
it; d) have them initial the time and duration and who did it. Note:  John
was walking with assistance back in March and April with me, his sons, and
his wife.  DR on duty enjoyed me walking him around the nurse's station
several times while I was there two different months.  PD Dr recently
checked him and stated his ligaments in his legs had "fixed" and he may
never be able to walk as we know it again...not even with assistance. This
occurred from April to present time is about 5 months.

2)  John just got aspiration pneumonia and had to go to the hospital from
the nursing home.  He is back now.  Suspect they fed him lying down.  Will
ask them to prop him up at 35 degrees and then observe whether they may be
feeding him too fast so that the food may be backing up in the esophagus.
Will ask they to post a sign notifying the nurse on duty to prop him up
adhere to the sign.  Will ask they to initial the feeding, time, etc.  Will
also ask they not feed him until one hour after he has taken his PD
medication.  (Approximately 8:00 am, 12:00 Noon, and 5:00 pm)

3)  Will ask they to abide by the PD Dr orders that they medicate him at
7:00 am, 11:00 am, 3:00 pm, 7:00 pm and 11:00 pm. (he has sinemet) and that
they not feed him until 1 hour after his medication.  I will ask the nurse
to initial who medicated him, what time.

4)  IS Sinement suppose to be taken at a separate time as compared to Iron
supplement (after returning from hospital after bout with pneumonia.)

What else can I expect to do on a CARE PLAN?

Thank you,....meeting is tomorrow morning...hope someone stays up late
tonight and sees this.

By the way you PD researchers...he briefly was diagnosed with a blood
disease of amaloid or amyloid or....find this causes dementia or is
associated with dementia or is associated with Alzheimer's Disease.  His
wife has elected not to do anything at this time.

Larry